Railcar repair and maintenance
The Group's is able to offer an integrated service to customers through the provision of both repair and maintenance. TTG undertakes four different types of repair and maintenance services and operates two primary locations in Western Kazakhstan - the Ak-Zhayik-7 depot and the RIP-Gas facility.
The Ak-Zhayik-7 primary facility is located in Atyrau, close to the Tengiz oil field developed by TCO. The depot provides following types of services:
- Overhaul repairs
- Depot repairs
- Current repairs
- Railcar modernization
The Ak-Zhayik-7 provides services to all types of freight rail cars. Its service capacity is up to 600 depot and overhaul repairs per month.
The Rip-gas is located in Kulsary, 100 kilometres from the Tengiz gas-processing plant and LPG loading sight owned by TCO. The depot provides the following services:
- Pre-loading preparation and inspection
- Specialized testing and repair services
- Anticorrosian treatment of gondola cars
Services mentioned above are for LPG tank railcars only. The facility is currently the only site in Kazakhstan which provides specialised services to the LPG rail tanks. It has capacity to service up to 3,600 LPG tank railcars a month. Also it has 23.5 km approaching railway lines for simultaneous storage of 1800 railcars.
Dossor-Service provides preparation, maintenance and storage of railcar fleet. Company positions itself on sulphur transportation, using railcar protective liners. Also provides services of internal logistics management of Kashagan oil field.
Types of repair and maintenance
Four primary types of repair and maintenance services are carried out by the Group:
- Specialised repair services to LPG tank railcars: This includes:
- pre-loading preparation of LPG tank railcars as well checking the tank railcars for the presence of oxygen, hydrogen sulphide, moisture and, if necessary, the reduction of these contaminants to acceptable levels;
- pre-loading inspection of LPG tank railcars, including checking the condition of the railcar's running gear, inspection of the tank exterior, checking the safety and stop valves and ensuring the correct pressure is reached;
- full de-gassing to prepare the railcar for maintenance or repair;
- and internal inspection and hydraulic testing of the tanks under working pressure.
- Current repairs. This includes maintenance of parts which are prone to wear. Ak-Zhayik-7 depot personnel also carry out some current repairs at the Group's railcar parking facility at Dossor-Service railway station in Western Kazakhstan.
- Depot repair services. This type of repair is performed on railcars periodically at certain time and mileage intervals, depending on the type of railcar. It involves inspection of railcar components, automatic coupler components, auto-brake equipment, cisterns and rubber components. Including the transportation to the depot, depot repairs usually take approximately twelve days.
- Depot repair services with modernization of railcars. Repair conduction of 15-1547-03 oil tanks model with the assignment of a new 15-9543 model.
- Overhaul repair services. Railcars, depending on type, typically undergo overhaul repairs on the eleventh, twelfth year of service after production and each ten years thereafter. This involves the full overhaul of railcar components, automatic coupler components, auto-brake equipment, body and rubber goods. Including the transportation to the depot, overhaul repairs usually take approximately 14 days. Since August 2010 the Group has also been able to provide "overhaul repairs with extension of life" services.
- Anticorrosion treatments of gondola cars for sulphur transportation services. The average capacity is 6-8 railcars per day at Rip-gas facility.